LED Lights Strips
An LED strip consists of a self-adhesive tape and substrate on to which LEDs are placed at regular intervals. Once installed and power applied, the whole length of the strip is illuminated producing a forward light. LED strips make a great addition to any domestic or commercial environment. They are inexpensive and easy to install and can change the mood and look of a space instantly.
The options are endless; the appropriate LED strip can be installed indoors or out for ambient, coloured or task light in almost any area. The different levels of brightness and colour types available make LED strips very versatile. Typical uses include:
- Above and under kitchen/bathroom cabinets
- In kick-panels and skirting
- In ceiling caving, as wall washers and around bar areas
- In cupboards, display cases and bar counters
- Around doorways, windows, stairs and in floors
- Under roof soffits
- In gardens, pathways/driveways and signage
- Lighting for Christmas or other special occasions
- On the rear of TVs and speaker systems
LED Strip Basic
- B-LED LED low voltage strips are rated at 12V and require a constant-voltage driver (a type of transformer to convert mains voltage to 12V)
- B-LED LED strips are supplied in reels of 5 metres. The LED strip can be cut to length but only at special cut points marked on the strip. For example, in a kitchen with two runs of 2.5M, you would cut the 5M strip in half (at the cut-point), apply the strip and power each strip with an appropriate driver or power both from the same driver. The strip could also be cut into a number of variations e.g. 4 metre only, 5 X 1 metres, a 3 and 2 meter strip
- More than one strip can be powered from a single driver (The total wattage of the strips must be below 90% of the wattage rating of the driver)
- B-LED LED strips can be dimmed with the appropriate driver and compatible dimmer switch
LED Strips : What You Need To Consider
- Where will the strip be placed and will it be used for task lighting, ambient or accent light?
- LED strips should be installed on a sound, clean and dry surface
- Different types of light output are produced by varying the size, number and colour of LEDs on a strip
- The use of Integral LED strips internally or externally in dry, splash or wet areas is determining by the IP rating of the strip (e.g. standard (IP33) or with a silicone coating (IP67))
- Will you need to conceal (if required) the strip, driver and wires
- How will the strip be switched ON an OFF? Will it be part of you lighting circuit or on a separate switch?
- The final lighting effect will depend on a number of factors including; Size of LEDs, number of LEDs per metre, the angle and position of the strip, the colour texture, distance and reflectiveness of surfaces and the distance of the observer from the strip
- You can evaluate an LED strip by temporarily installing it with a removable tape such as masking tape, and then safely powering it to view the light output, pattern and angle, before finally fixing the strip
- B-LED LED Strips are made and tested to high standards to ensure that the strip delivers consistent colour and light pattern quality across the strip
- LED strips should be installed by a qualified electrician
SIZE OF LED Strips
The actual size of the LEDs on a strip affects its light output (lumen output) and light pattern. Integral LED strips are available with two sizes of LED:
- 35:28 – 3.5mm X 2.8mm LED – Subtle light – Ideal for most domestic situations for task or ambient lighting where observers are close e.g. ceiling coves, under-cabinets, on stairs and around windows
- 50:50 – 5.0mm X 5. LED – Bright light – 40% larger than 35:28 LEDs with a higher light output – Ideal for commercial or domestic use where the observer may be further away – e.g. high ceilings, used as a wall washer, outdoor lighting, ambient lighting for larger areas
As LED technology accelerates – in the future each LED size will produce more light.
COLOUR OF LEDS
The colour of an LED strip will set the mood or add drama to your space.
- Warm White – Traditional yellow colour – ideal for living rooms, bedrooms and hallways
- Cool White – White with a blue tone colour – ideal for kitchens and bathrooms – task lighting
- Red, Green or Blue – Stunning bold colours to add great effects to your space – and to make playrooms, clubs, bars and restaurants more exciting.
For more Best LED Lights with low cost visit us on B-LEDTEC Al Bayan in Qatar Doha